Gaylord Palms Resort in Orlando, Florida is one of the premier resorts and convention centers in Orlando, Florida. Its overall size is massive taking up 2.1 million square feet with 1,406 rooms. It is easily one of the largest and nicest resort and convention facilities in the world. What makes the Gaylord Palms so special is its spectacular 4.5 acre tropical atrium. The atmosphere is breathtaking as you are engulfed by a serene environment with an abundance of plantation, streams of water, and wildlife. Each step you take new discoveries are achieved, from finding wildlife such as turtles and baby alligators to a huge 60-foot sail boat sitting on top of a 161,000-gallon Key West lagoon. The size of the resort is its greatest asset and challenge at the same time. To move from one end to the other, is no easy task. But, the scenery makes it all worth it. If you have trouble walking, you will want to rent a mobility scooter or manual wheelchair.
One of the main amenities at Gaylord Palms Resort is the Relâche Spa & Salon. It offers a great opportunity to be pampered. Treat yourself to a messages, manicures/pedicures, facials, waxing, and more.
The location is another great reason to stay at the Gaylord Palms Resort. It has easy access to I-4, and is just 5-10 minutes from the Walt Disney World Theme Parks. However, once you are inside the resort, it is hard to leave because it is a world of its own.
- This resort is the best resort & convention center option in Central Florida.
- Rooms facing the atrium have balconies, so request a room facing the atrium if you plan on spending time in your room.
- The location is hard to beat.
- Plenty of great options around the property to sit back and relax.
- Even though this hotel is not designed for kids, the pool and water slide area is a kid’s dream.
- The outdoor seating areas with large fire places is a must on cold nights.
- Nice pool facilities – a cross between family friendly and semi-luxury.
- Wreckers is one of the best sports bars in Florida for watching your favorite team play.
- Valet and parking team are fantastic! Warm and friendly.
- The game room can be made more kid friendly
- Shopping opportunities and food options inside the hotel could be improved.
- Because of its size, it is easy to get lost or turned around.
If you are looking to host a convention, business meeting, or wedding, and you like to be in a classy environment with lots of natural habitat around you, the Marriott Gaylord Palms is the best option in Orlando, Florida.
Marriott Gaylord Palms Resort
6000 West Osceola Parkway, Kissimmee, Florida 34747 USA
Phone: (407) 586-2000;
Website: Gaylord Palms Resort